X-Ray Learning Analytics
- Provides in-depth ideas about the behavior of students in the course and predicts future trends.
- Uses research based on algorithms to calculate measures; for instance, entries to the platform, staying in a course, social connections, forum discussions, linguistic analysis of the use of the words that students say, and comparative analysis of courses.
- Built on the Moodlerooms interface and gives instructors ideas about the problems of the course so that they can take immediate actions.
Who’s it for?
- Professors, Instructors, Trainers, program Directors, etc.
Understand, Diagnose, Act
Currently, professors teach at a rapidly changing pace because technology has become an increasingly important piece of the educational experience for students. The growing use of technology generates huge amounts of data that can offer perspectives if they are used and analyzed focusing on the needs of professors and on the research findings that can make a difference in the achievements of students. The online learning analysis available in the LMS allows a greater commitment from students, helps professors save time to facilitate courses and assist in the assessments of the new learning models.
Student Risk Assessment
The risk measurement table calculates a general risk level for each student that has an impact on several data points, such as the academic risk, social risk, and time invested in the course.
Professors need customized analytical tools that offer deep and readily accessible insights of student behavior, interactions with the course materials, and performance.
X-Ray Learning Analytics can help professors who use Moodlerooms achieve the following objectives:
- Identifying and focus on at-risk students
- Obtaining deep insights about student behavior and other performance drivers
- Developing sound educational communities through debates, materials, and evaluations
- Managing activities and materials of the course effectively and efficiently
Professors benefit directly from these abilities, allowing them to achieve the following goals:
- Obtaining better learning results by identifying at-risk students and recommending specific actions
- Promoting greater satisfaction of students through debates, materials, and evaluations
- Choosing and developing activities and materials causing a positive impact in the learning experience
- Simplifying and improving facilitation of the course for professors
- Boosting interaction and adoption of LMS by current professors requires analytical tools managing the courses effectively and efficiently to achieve the maximum level of commitment and success of students. X-Ray Learning Analytics enables fast access to data of student activities, reveals the quantitative and qualitative perspectives, and offers tools to achieve the commitment of students and have a positive impact. Thanks to a rigorous academic research and three years of pilot tests, X-Ray for Learning Analytics has tested algorithms that drive predictive models of analysis and report generation.
These tools offer a manner of optimizing the simple measures of effort in standard reports to create more solid indicators of the work quality and interactions of students. Additionally, a process of customized data extraction is conducted for each institution adapting algorithms for the exclusive use of Moodlerooms in such institution.
X-Ray Learning Analytics and Moodlerooms
X-Ray Learning Analytics helps professors using Moodlerooms to obtain a deeper perspective of the offered courses, students, and materials. Report generation tools provide a visual graphic of risks, activities, grade information and interactions of debates/the community. Likewise, X-Ray Learning Analytics connects to the LMS of your institution and adapts the customized data models guaranteeing that X-Ray results are applied directly to their institution.
X-Ray Learning Analytics offers a vast amount of visualizations and reports allowing professors to improve the teaching and learning process. We have chosen a representative sample of reports/visual graphics for four key areas that professors shall find clever and feasible.